Brisbane Volleyball is transitioning to a new Website!
Our new website is at www.brisbanevolleyball.org.au
In the coming weeks this website will no longer be active, so we recommend saving the new web address in your favourites.
We appreciate your patience through the transition.
Current Season Info: Draw, Results, Ladders.
Here’s a sneak peak!
Now on Wednesday AND Thursday Nights
NEW TEAMS ALWAYS WELCOME!
**Wednesday night’s competition for Season 11 is FULL, but there are limited spots left in the Thursday night competition.
In 2013, after popular demand on Wednesday nights, we have expanded to now run Social League on Thursday nights as well. Teams can enter for either night, however it is likely that entries into the Wednesday night competition could be limited this season.
So get a team together and enter now! Remember if you miss the start of the season, it doesnt mean you’ve lost your chance – email our league managers and we might be able to include you mid-season.
Season 11 Dates:
Season Starts: 20th/21st of November, 2013
Note: Season 11 will break over the Christmas and New Year period.
Duration: Approx 15 weeks (incl Grading, Rounds and Finals)
Contact: Please email the League Manager for your night;
Time: All matches played between 6:20 and 9:40pm
Venue: Clayfield College (Venue info here)
- Open Div1
- Open Div2
- Open Div3
- Open Div2
- Open Div3
Note: “Open” divisions mean teams of any composition can enter. Teams are graded on the level of the overall team, not based on the number of male/female players in the team.
How to Enter a Team:
1. First make sure you read all of the information on this page.
2. Download and complete the nomination form, and re-save it in Excel format.
3. Email your completed nomination form to the email address for your comp night. If your team can play on either night, then send your form to both email addresses.
4. If you have any questions, please feel free to email our League Managers (email addresses listed above) and they will help you through every step of the process.
5. We also accept teams nominating mid-season, just send us an email as soon as you know you are interested and we will get you started!
How to Join a Team as an Individual:
Our League Managers do their best to try and find a team for everyone to join, or even start new teams from interested individuals. However, please keep in mind that this is not always possible, and sometimes may take some time until a team needs new players.
The beginning of a new season is always the best time for new players to look to join teams, but we do also encourage new players to email us mid-season wanting to join as well.
1. Send an email to the address above for the night you wish to play on. If you are available both nights, then email BOTH addresses.
2. Your email should include:
- Your Full Name
- Your Date of Birth
- Your Gender
- Your Previous Playing Experience. Don’t be shy, we have divisions to cater for all levels! This information just helps our Managers to look for the most appropriate team/division for you.
3. We thoroughly recommend that any new players wanting to join teams come along to a competition night to check it all out for themselves! Just visit the ‘Current Season Info‘ page to check what nights games are scheduled for, and then come along and have a chat to our League Managers.
4. Keen to get started straight away?
We also offer Casual Training on Monday Nights for all players looking to improve, as well as for new players looking to find a team. Check out all the details on our Casual Training page
- Matches are 1hr
- Referees are provided, Teams do NOT have to do duties
- Each match has an on-court Warm-Up and 3 Sets of 15minutes each
- Cost is $60 per team per week
- Team Fees can be paid weekly or invoiced for full season or half season. EFTPOS facilities are available for Team Fees for a service charge of 50c per transaction.
- Team Uniforms are encouraged but not required
- Each team must pay a $120 bond at the beginning of the season, this will only be refunded for the last 2 rounds of the season. Teams who forfeit a match or leave the competition early will lose their bond. The Bond will also be used to cover any outstanding team fees.
All players will need to become members of Volleyball Queensland by their 3rd week of playing.
Full details are available here www.brisbanevolleyball.com/VQmembership